Special Projects Division
Expert Home Repair and Remodel Services
- Estimating & Scope of Work Development
- Residential Project Management
- Owner’s Representation (Owners Rep) Services
While our core business and biggest value-add to your home is our proprietary Home Stewardship Program, we are happy to offer a full package of construction and contracting services to our subscription members and Healthy Building Inspection clients. All of our project managers have experience in the trades and FSS maintains active California General Contractor licenses. They each bring their own unique set of skills and experiences to our organization. We can manage all sizes of turn-key repair and remodel work.
We also commonly provide owner’s representation services for our clients in front of architects, engineers and builders. Who better to work on your behalf than the folks who will be looking after your home on a regular basis for years to come? This, of course, includes being there for our clients when they need it the most – in an emergency. We’ll help you create an emergency protocol plan so you are prepared to walk through the necessary steps on your own or come out to your home and handle the issue ourselves.
Contracting Service Area
We presently offer general contracting services only to residential buildings in the San Francisco Bay Area, with most projects in San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma and Napa counties.
For Existing FSS Subscription or Past Healthy Building Clients.
We are experts at identifying deferred maintenance. Unfortunately, by the time Healthy Building Science gets called in to address an odor, mold, lead or asbestos issue, the cost of deferred maintenance is far greater than just fixing the original problem. The loose door, shaky duct, small leak, or pealing paint have become much bigger issues involving considerably more money and attention than would have been required if the home was well kept. For homeowners and property managers wishing to keep up with maintenance and have routine inspections and services provided we offer the Home Stewardship Program. For homes that have fallen in disrepair or just need tuning up beyond the Four Season Stewardship Checklists, we offer Special Project management and execution to help bring the home up to snuff.
Our crew is especially adept at addressing common residential deferred maintenance issues such as touch-up paint and caulking, cleaning gutters and downspouts, installing french drains, cleaning out crawlspaces and installing vapor barriers, air sealing and keeping critters out of the home, replacing an appliance or two, overseeing installations of new HVAC and ductwork, etc. These are the most common things we encounter during our work as industrial hygienists, and therefore we are very good at addressing this scope of work.
If there is a larger remodel or ground-up project we would be happy to learn more and see if it’s a good fit for Four Season Stewardship. We are experienced working as an Owner’s Rep choosing the right design-build team, project managing all phases of construction, and delivering a superior end product. But we have our niche and not every project is a good fit.
Local General Contractor – Counties Served
For now we offer Special Project support across the San Francisco Bay Area, with more emphasis in San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma and Napa Counties.
Most Common Residential Contracting Services
- Site Drainage and Landscaping to reduce water intrusion into crawlspaces and basements. This includes testing and installation of French drains and other approaches to site drainage, sump pumps and piping, etc.
- Whole House Ventilation for Air & Water can have great benefits in most homes. We help identify the most appropriate systems, handle any new plumbing or electrical requirements, and set up the systems for routine filter replacement.
- Ventilation Upgrades to increase outside (fresh) air intake and increase point source exhaust from known problem areas such as kitchens and bathrooms. We frequently recommend Heat Recovery Ventilators (HRVs), Energy Recovery Ventilators (ERVs), whole house air filtration systems, new ductwork, better thermostats (with humidity or CO2 sensors), etc.
- Appliance Replacements are necessary sometimes, and we can help you pick the right appliance, facilitate shipping and installation, any new plumbing or electrical updates, etc.
- Wiring Errors & New Lighting Upgrades are commonly requested and our electrical troubleshooters and licensed electricians are ready to help.
- Air-Sealing is a common suggestion for both energy efficiency and healthy air improvements. As long as there is sufficient ventilation, air-sealing can dramatically improve air quality because gaps, cracks and holes between a home and the crawlspace, attic and walls is often a pathway for contaminants to enter a home. This is a unique specialty service we are proud to offer.
- Clean Crawlspace & Attic Improvements are often necessary if a home is experiencing odors, excess humidity or dust, or evidence of critters either above or below the occupied portion of the home.